Monday, April 9, 2012

A Very Berry Vegan Breakfast

One of the most difficult things is finding Daniel Fast appropriate breakfast foods.  Most cereals have honey of some sort or sugar, refined, cane, or otherwise - none of which is allowed on the Daniel Fast.  And while Veganism allows sugar, the jury is out on honey.  A lot of Vegans overlook the fact that it is made by bees, and technically not a food they should eat - though the hard core don't do honey at all. 

Is your brain hurting yet?  I know mine is.  On the Daniel Fast (Veganism with an Edge, as I like to call it) you aren't supposed to have any sugar what-so-ever.  I am trying really hard to shy away from any and all sugar, although I had a soy yogurt this morning which has minimal amounts of dried cane sugar.  It's kind of exhausting.  So, to make a long story short - I am doing my best with avoiding any and all sugar. 

While shopping last week at Kroger, I stumbled upon Vegan waffles by Vans (no, not the shoe manufacturer).  However, since I can't have syrup, I topped the waffles with vegan butter spread and strawberries and blueberries.  It was a really good, really filling breakfast.  So much better than the fruit I'd been eating for the last week by itself as a breakfast item.  

Don't be jealous...all this waffle goodness for 220 calories...word...




No comments:

Post a Comment